Lex and Jong
DAY POTION - Skin Illuminating Antioxidant Concentrate
THE ABSENCE OF RADIANCE CAN DIMINISH BEAUTY AT ANY AGE
Healthy skin has an unmistakable lit-from-within quality that can dim with time. Here's your chance to bring it back while transforming the way skin looks, feels, and fights future visible signs of aging. Introducing DAY POTION - Skin Illuminating Antioxidant Concentrate. Formulated to help create visibly improved skin radiance and a smoother, stronger surface to reflect light long-term by globally addressing multiple factors that can dull down and signal the appearance of aging skin.
Years of research and trials in the making, this result-driven antioxidant + visible tone brightening potion not only gives you a healthier look almost immediately, but it helps to visibly improve skin luminosity long-term with some of the most potent antioxidants available from science and nature today. These work synergistically on multiple levels to comprehensively combat daily assaults from pollution, smoke, climate stress, UV rays, and other environmental aggressors to help keep skin in a more ideal environment to thrive.
The Skin Concerns
The biggest factor known to cause close to 90% of what we see as visible skin aging is environmental damage. Every day, damaging impurities with fine, microscopic particles accumulate on skin, weakening it and increasing its sensitivity. These factors of daily life lead to skin inflammation and oxidative stress which play significant roles in accelerating the aging process of skin.
Research has shown that as early as our twenties, our skin's barrier and defenses against external assaults, oxidative stress, and transepidermal water loss declines. Studies have also shown that those who live in cities tend to show signs of aging faster than those outside as increased pollution damages collagen and the skin barrier while causing inflammation to accelerate skin aging. Although skin may be temporarily youthful-looking on the surface, environmental damage accumulates and eventually reveal itself in the form of dark spots, large pores, dullness, lines, and loss of elasticity.
Traditional topical vitamin C such as L-Ascorbic Acid is often used in antioxidant serums meant to help protect skin. However, it is only truly effective at acidic pH which can make skin more sensitized and make sensitive skin worse. It is also highly unstable and can degrade too quickly to become PRO-oxidants and cause more damage to skin.
To combat against as many as 200+ chemicals from the environment that can damage the health and beauty of your skin, it needs a second line of defense that can "environmentally-proof" it against damage. It's a documented fact that the most effective damage prevention requires multiple synergistic and specific antioxidants that can work together for comprehensive multi-level results. Day Potion offers our most advanced skin-defense complex with a 3-tiered, microbiome-friendly approach to visible skin health and radiance, now and long-term, that include
I. COMPREHENSIVE & MORE STABLE ANTIOXIDANT DEFENSE
II. SYNERGISTIC VISIBLE SKIN BRIGHTENING + TONE-CORRECTING
III. CRUCIAL SKIN BARRIER STRENGTHENING & REPAIR
Skin is better able to combat harmful external substances, reduce crucial water loss through the epidermis, and begin to look and feel like firmer, healthier skin.
Proven Visible Results
With continued use as directed, notice visible improvements on the multiple markers that signify visible skin imbalance & aging that include
- Uneven skin tone, dullness, & dark spots
- Uneven skin texture & enlarged pores
- Inflammation, redness, and acne breakouts
- Fine lines & wrinkles
- Loss of firmness & strength
Use daily. Due to the concentrated nature of this formula, please use no more than 1 dropper amount for the face and neck. Warm product between hands, gently spread onto face and neck, and follow with pressing motion. If needed, use an additional dropper amount for your decolletage. Follow with moisturizer/sun protection.
For absolute best results, use Night Potion each evening. For external use only. Keep out of eyes.
Anti-Irritation & Skin Strengthening Rescue for Stressed Skin
Created by an esthetician who has battled long-term with acne, eczema, and psoriasis and personally understands struggles with skin issues.
We go beyond “clean” to also be free from naturally-derived & synthetic fragrances, essential oils, and other commonly-used "natural" or synthetic skin irritants and sensitizers
FULL LIST OF PURPOSEFUL INGREDIENTS
*FROM ORGANIC / SUSTAINABLY-SOURCED / FAIR-TRADE FARMING
- Meadowfoam Seed Oil - similar to skin's own sebum, it is one of the most effective oils to help prevent moisture loss at the same time, helping to keep skin at a sweet spot of not being too oily or too dry. It helps deliver calming, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant benefits deep into the epidermis, and studies have found its compounds can help inhibit enzymes that break down collagen in the skin. Its high stability also allows it to extend the potency and freshness of other ingredients it works with and allows it great affinity with the skin for enhanced protection without greasiness or associated negative effects.
- Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate - a new generation stable and bioavailable form of vitamin C with greater affinity for skin, improved stability against heat and oxidation, and found to be 50 times more powerful than traditional vitamin C. Beyond its protective antioxidant abilities, it can help to promote collagen production for firmer-looking skin, even the look of skin tone, promote hyaluronic acid production, and enhance the abilities of other antioxidants.
- Safflower Oil - its high level of linoleic acid helps to balance moisture and sebum levels in skin while helping to decrease inflammation and promote healing. It's also abundant in vitamin E and can potentially help decrease the damaging effects of the environment on skin.
- Licorice Extract - well-known to help visibly reduce hyperpigmentation as it works to inhibit tyrosinase (melanin and dark spot catalyst) and free radical production. It can help your skin produce higher levels of antioxidants to improve skin’s defenses against UV and environmental damage both during and after exposure. It’s a potent anti-inflammatory that helps to reduce irritated or inflamed skin conditions that lead to redness, bumps, and skin aging.
- Muskmelon Seed Oil* - super-rich in omega-6 essential fatty acids which your skin barrier relies on to help it function properly. These functions include decreasing trans-epidermal water loss, antimicrobial activity, and decreasing inflammation among others. It's also abundant in protective non-enzymatic and enzymatic antioxidants such as superoxide dismutase (SOD).
- Tocopherol - based on available research so far, skin scientists believe these have numerous benefits and are essential to skin cells due to their ability to delay damage from free radical activities. These antioxidants have the power to reduce inflammation and attack specific free radicals that cause inflammation. Their antioxidant powers may help reverse damage due to free radicals and potentially prevent wrinkles while making the skin appear more youthful.
- Lingonberry Seed Oil* - offers super antioxidant properties with some of the highest levels of Type-A Procyanidins, gamma linoleic acids, B-vitamins and minerals to help improve skin tone, fight inflammation, help maintain moisture balance, and helps form skin-essential enzymatic antioxidant superoxide dismutase. It's a potent source for both omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids that your skin can't produce on its own but needs to maintain its health.
- Pomegranate Seed Oil* - contains high amounts of the rare omega 5 fatty (Punicic) Acid ( a compound unique to pomegranate oil) with smaller molecular structure that allows it to penetrate deeply to offer strong anti-inflammatory effects as well as superior moisture-retaining and softening benefits. Studies have shown that pomegranate seed oil can encourage the production of keratinocytes, which help fibroblasts stimulate cell turnover. What this means for your skin is increased barrier function to defend against the effects of UV damage, water loss, harmful bacteria, and more. It is also rich in antioxidant and polyphenols to offer additional natural protection benefits and promote collagen production for smoother skin.
- Apricot Kernel Oil - contains quickly absorbed, skin-identical antioxidant which is especially soothing to skin. While most of the naturally-derived oils we use are high in linoleic and linolenic acid, the oleic acid content of Apricot Kernel Oil helps ingredients to better penetrate and helps to provide soothing moisturization for skin discomfort and dryness.
Lycopene - sourced from tomatoes, this well-known skin protector promotes protection against damage from oxidation that breaks down collagen and acts as a natural defense to help combat assaults from UV light radiation and environmental toxins. It exhibits gentle lightening effects for excess pigmentation
- Asyntra SL - an innovative patented complex with Hexylresorcinol - the new gold standard in lightening discolorations and skin tone improvement. Proven to work on normal and hyperpigmented skin of all races with multi-targeted (8 sites) inhibition of melanin synthesis and proven to be 2 to 4 times more effective than Hydroquinone. It stimulates crucial glutathione and studies show significant improvement in skin complexion of subjects. In addition, Ethyl Linoleate, a smart synergistic ingredient from the purple shamrock, provides skin with multiple benefits. It's a stable form of linoleic acid (a crucial essential fatty acid for proper skin barrier functions and health) that provides all of the linoleic acid benefits for skin with improved skin permeability. It enhances skin brightening effects, helps maintain the stratum corneum acid mantle, and is shown to inhibit the proinflammatory biomarker NF-kB.
- Gamma Oryzanol - derived from rice bran oil, it is a potent source of Ferulic Acid. Originally used by the Japanese for beauty rituals in the 1960s, research shows that it has the ability to intercept UV rays at the surface, protect skin lipids from oxidation and help to prevent age spots and discoloration.
- Argan Oil - its unsaturated fatty acids content helps improve skin moisture through ceramide synthesis and helps to decrease skin inflammation. It also contained antioxidant properties that not only protect but help improve brightening when formulated with other specific skin brighteners.
- Astaxanthin - Many believe this ingredient is many be more potent than Vitamin C for skin protection and repair abilities. Astaxanthin is one of the most powerful carotenoid antioxidants that help protect skin from damaging UV rays. A study showed that it helps improve DNA repair capacity of cells exposed to UV radiation. Besides neutralizing free radical damage, Astaxanthin helps to calm inflammation and helps improve the look of wrinkles.
- HydraSynol DOI/Isosorbide Dicaprylate - ECOCERT ingredient that is one of the best solutions for improving skin hydration and barrier homeostasis today. This smart, multi-targeted skin hydrator and barrier builder helps to move moisture where it is needed and is very effective in providing long-lasting and controlled hydration for up to 48 hours.
- Dipalmitoyl hydroxyproline - a plant-derived peptide that provides triple action skin firming. It works as a skin-plumping agent and helps to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. This, combined with long-lasting moisturization results in skin that look more supple, lifted, and remodeled. What’s more, this ECOCERT ingredient traps excess free radicals at an early stage with its photoprotection properties.
- D-alpha Tocopheryl Acetate - a form of vitamin E with higher stability and improved affinity to work with skin to help combat damage to skin caused by free radicals from exposure to UV and environmental factors. It can also have anti-inflammatory effects to help calm and soothe skin.
- Coenzyme Q10 - gives cells needed energy to help repair, regenerate and remove toxins. It helps to stop production of tyrosinase that triggers melanin production and helps prevent hyperpigmentation. Luminous and healthy-looking skin is known to contain high levels of Q10. It helps support the production of collagen and is also a potent antioxidant that helps defend skin from unstable and damaging free radicals from the environment and sun exposure.
- Hyalurosome - an advanced delivery technology of moisturization and visible skin-plumping effects that far exceed the extent and length of time of traditional Hyaluronic Acid. This patented hyaluronate time-released delivery system of signaling hyaluronate fragments (HAF) that has been thoroughly demonstrated to induce HA filling of the epidermis and upper epidermis. This results in much longer and more sustained skin hydration that outperforms traditional hyaluronic acid and superficial filling of the skin complimentary to hyaluronate filler injections.
- Red Raspberry Seed Oil* - a potent source of vitamins, phytosterols, and linoleic acid/omega-6 that work to enhance proper functioning of skin's crucial barrier. Studies have also shown it may provide UV protection similar to SPF 28. Even so, please continue to wear your sun protection.
- Acetyl Zingerone - This patented first in the industry microbiome-friendly 24/7 skin damage prevention and repair ingredient has been shown to help reduce immediate and delayed skin damage and provides skin with improved skin defenses by protecting from UV-induced damages. Studies show up to twenty-five percent reduction in visible wrinkles, uneven pigmentation, and skin redness in 4 weeks. In contrast to many conventional antioxidants, this is a photochemically stable antioxidant that can reverse signs of cellular senescence.
- Elderberry Extract - traditionally used for many years in traditional herbal medicines, this fruit extract offers protective antioxidants and conditioning benefits to skin. Rich in anthocyanins, flavonols, and phenolics, it exhibits natural broad-spectrum antimicrobial properties that are very effective against fungal micro-organisms.
- Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides - a hydrating emollient full of antioxidants that we use to help boost the product's antioxidant capabilities and mix ingredients together.
- Pterocarpus Marsupium Bark Extract - an antioxidant proven by dermatological studies to promote visibly brighter, firmer, and more even-toned skin appearance.
- Ferulic Acid - helps reduce the effects of damaging free radicals on the skin and helps in skin’s repair and regeneration activities from environmental damage. It also works to enhance stability and efficacy of other antioxidants such as vitamins C and E.
- Undecylenoyl phenylalanine - a revolutionary and powerful skin brightening agent that has been scientifically proven to have a dramatic effect on all forms of hyperpigmentation and dark spots by acting as a melanotropin inhibitor to help prevent the creation and dispersion of melanin. Research shows dramatic improvement in visible clarity, radiance, and uniformity of tone within
- Lipochroman-6 - one of the most powerful oxygen-radical scavengers that promotes complete detox. It captures both nitrogen and oxygen radicals and helps protect cells from irreversible DNA cell damage from multiple radicals and reactive species while preventing lipid peroxidation. This molecule can assist cells in the elimination of xenobiotics and free radicals from the environment and skin. Recent clinical tests showed that the antioxidative capacity of the skin increased significantly by 21.3 percent in 14 days and by 36.7 percent after 28 days.
VEGAN & CRUELTY-FREE
For context: 30s + Combination Skin. After years of looking for the right serum for me, I discovered the Day and Night Potion last year and... now I'm on my fifth set! I was recommended this during pregnancy / nursing because I could not use retinol but needed something just as powerful. The Day Potion exceeded my expectations! It corrected my redness and fine lines. My skin no longer looks saggy. I love that the ingredients in this product also provide natural forms of sun protection. (But I still wear sunscreen!) I layer moisturizer, sunscreen, and foundation over this product during the day. When compared to the texture of the Night Potion, the Day Potion is slightly oilier.
I was having major skin issues for about the last year (mainly breakouts) due to a hormone replacement I had to take, so I wasn't using any skincare....since I quit taking HR, I have started using the Lex and Jong line and OMG!! It has changed my skin. I am seriously so shocked at the results...Brendan, I hope you know you have created a GOLDMINE! My skin tone is so radiant and my pore size has almost diminished, not to mention my makeup wears flawlessly and glows all day long! The products are so luxurious. I just love them. This skincare line is by far the best and most effective skincare I've ever used in 40 years!
I have struggled for years with reactive skin that is also dry. I'm always nervous trying new products because I never know how my skin will respond. It has been almost three months since my first time trying Day Potion and it has been amazing. Absolutely no reactions and my skin glows. It truly feels wonderful! I honestly look forward to putting it on every morning!!
As a skin care connoisseur, I am always looking for the next best thing to add a glow or extra luminosity to my skin. Thankfully I discovered the Day Potion because my search is finally over. The Day Potion gives my skin a boost of luminosity and comfort throughout the day that radiates youthfulness. Given its effective and clean ingredients, I feel confident that I have found something very special.
I’ve been using Day Potion for several months, and it has improved the skin on my face. I’ve found a little goes a long way, half a dropper is sufficient for my face especially if I warm it in my hands first, it spreads so nicely and smoothly. Some of my dark sun spots are fading, and Day Potion makes my skin feel calmer. Day Potion and Clean Potion helped me through a very long and bad psoriasis flare. These products helped to heal my skin, and made me feel more confident to show my face on Zoom. Brendan knows his stuff. The high quality of these products is evident in the results: glowing and happy, calm skin. Love the attention and care that goes into these Lex and Jong products. Thank you, Brendan!