Lex and Jong
ZEN SOURCE - Barrier Strengthening Lipid Restore Moisture Cream
PEACE, COMFORT, AND STRENGTH FOR YOUR SKIN
Zen Source addresses for the first time, the multiple dermatological causes and symptoms of skin inflammaging & impaired skin barrier that can result in dryness, sensitivity, redness, irritation & faster skin aging. This exclusive formula intensely calms, rebuilds & reprograms your skin to look and feel stronger with a proprietary epidermal lipid supplement complex that helps improve the natural barrier function of skin while helping it to better able resist skin-damaging stressors day after day. Oil-free, lightweight yet ultra-comforting, this cream is easily absorbed by skin leaving it softer & more uniform with decreased blotchiness so it doesn't seem like sensitive skin at all. Skin shows a soft radiance seen in healthy skin. Experience
- BALANCE: Exclusive Inflammaging Repair Complex, which includes fermented plant-based actives, intercepts “toxic” hazards before they affect the skin’s appearance. Deeply calms & down-regulates inflammation enzymes that age skin faster than normal. Improves healthy cell communication so multiple signs of irritation, including redness, are relieved.
- PURITY: Strictly formulated with skin essential ingredients & free of known irritants that can break down skin barrier & result in increased sensitivity, breakdown of collagen, and increased signs of skin aging.
- MOISTURE: Effective moisture-binding complex that includes glycerin, ceramides, cholesterol, prickly pear cactus, and vitamin B5 helps to repair compromised skin barrier, combats harsh environmental elements & measurably decreases damaging transepidermal water loss. Increases skin’s Natural Moisturizing Factor (NMF) & actively maintains skin’s crucial & ideal moisture levels. It works to reprogram skin to efficiently hold moisture longer.
- STRENGTH: Skin support is reawakened as ingredients are targeted to areas that need help most. Nourishing strengtheners go to work rebuilding skin’s appearance on a continuing level. Skin looks & feels smoother, firmer. Lines & wrinkles are less noticeable and skin is better able to resist new ones.
Clinically proven results show
- Immediately decreases transepidermal water loss (TWL) and improves skin moisture levels by 150% after 24 hours & by 95% after one month.
- Down-regulates the most significant signaling molecules and enzymes that cause inflammation including COX2, IL-1α, and IL8. The result of this down regulation is skin that is soothed with removal of irritation and reduction in redness.
- Peptides, cactus, and yeast extracts work to calm the skin and improve barrier strength. Concentrated Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) work to restore skin barrier functions and help the skin maintain its strength & healthy structure. All of this while effectively decreasing water loss and increasing skin’s crucial natural moisturizing factor. Skin is hydrated, protected, behaves more like healthy, stronger skin, and significantly recovers faster from exposure to stress.
Zen Source's contents are packaged in an ultra-lightweight and compact, eco-friendly jar made with sustainable and recyclable materials (which requires less energy and waste in production as well) with no extra bulk or secondary box packaging to help preserve both your product's and our planet's quality.
Use once to twice daily or as needed alone or over a Lex and Jong treatment. If used alone, apply a generous amount to slightly damp skin. Allow to absorb before applying additional products.
FULL LIST OF PURPOSEFUL INGREDIENTS
- Aqua - carrier, improves effectiveness of hydrophillic ingredients
- Glycerin - plant-derived hydration booster that is one of the most effective humectants available to draw moisture deep into skin, protecting it from loss of water other harsh products, and helping it look look smoother.
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride - a hydrating barrier support ingredient that works with the main purposes of decreasing moisture loss and replenishing the skin surface. It is also full of antioxidants and used to help boost the product's antioxidant capabilities Its antibacterial and antimicrobial properties work to help ingredients last longer.
- Cetyl Alcohol - a hydrating emollient that's considered one of the "good alcohols". This skin-softening emulsifier stabilizes products to prevent separation of ingredients and helps products to apply more evenly
- Glyceryl Stearate/PEG-100 Stearate - skin moisturizer
- Isopropyl Palmitate - moisture replenisher
- Ceramide NP, Ceramide AP, Ceramide EOP - an essential complex of ceramides composed of long lipid chains and are major components of skin's outer layers. Crucial to moisture retention and structural strength
- Prickly Pear Nopal Cactus Extract - multiple researched benefits that include antioxidant line prevention, skin-calming inflammation reduction, and skin brightening.
- Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Extract - fights oxidative stress and helps makes product ingredients more absorbable by the skin. In addition, it produces amino acids and peptides that help in skin renewal and cell turnover, which also improves collagen synthesis.
- Tocopherol - antioxidant vitamin E
- Biosaccharide Gum-1 - moisture binding and soothing ingredient from fermented plants
- Allantoin - a soothing plant extract that acts as a calming agent. It binds with irritants to help heal sensitized or compromised skin to reduce redness and itchiness. It has exfoliating properties that improves the appearance of dull skin and smoothes improve skin's water content while decreasing transepidermal water loss.
- Phytosphingosine - an important lipid that plays a crucial role in skin barrier functions. It supports the functions of ceramides and provides anti-inflammatory and antibacterial skin barrier support. Skin is more moisturized and balanced with a barrier that more effectively defends against environmental assaults.
- Cholesterol - an essential moisture-binding emollient that plays a big part in skin plumpness and elasticity. Works together with ceramides to help smooth and hydrate skin, improving protective barrier strength and firmness.
- Dimethicone - in several dermatological studies, it has been proven to be an effective moisture binder for skin to help prevent water loss. It has also proven to be effective against protecting skin from irritants and preventing skin from developing sever skin conditions that include dermatitis and eczema.
- Hydrogentated Soy Polyglycerides - acts to support occlusive properties, crucial to any effective moisturizer, to help condition, moisturize and seal moisture in skin.
- Bisabolol - an antioxidant, skin conditioning agent & anti-irritant that promotes the skin's healing process while helping to protect it from daily damage. Its proven anti-inflammatory properties are effective at decreasing signs of acne, dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, rashes, and rosacea among other inflammatory skin conditions. It pulls moisture to the skin as a natural humectant and is a rich source of skin beneficial vitamin B.
- Stearic Acid - an emulsifier that has been proven to support skin barrier functions and help protect it against water loss.
- Stearyl Alcohol - a skin soother and softener that is used to help stabilize the formula.
- Hydrogenated Soybean Oil - an emollient nutrient rich with antioxidant vitamin E that can help skin to hold moisture and protect skin against inflammation.
- Ethylhexylglycerin - a skin softening agent that boosts anti-microbial performance of ingredients to help products last longer.
- Dimethiconol - several important regulatory bodies have determined this ingredient safe and can act as a skin conditioner that helps create a smooth barrier to increase hydration and prevent moisture loss. It provides a smoother look to skin as it helps to fill lines and wrinkles.
- Panthenol - also known as pro-vitamin B5, it's a humectant that attracts moisture to the skin and also acts as a skin moisturizer. It helps to soothe and soften skin while helping to promote a stronger barrier to defend against irritation and moisture loss.
- Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate - we use this mainly as a moisturizing ingredient that helps to promote moisture in the skin and skin softness. It also helps to emulsify and stabilize oil and water-loving ingredients
- Disodium EDTA - helps prevent metals from water from being deposited into skin, helps antioxidants to be more effective, and helps prevent the formula from damaging changes in pH.
- Carbomer - an emulsifier that helps suspend ingredients with different natural solubility properties. It's used to support stable consistency of product and helps it resist unwanted change in various conditions.
- C15-23 Alkane - a solvent used to uniformly evenly dissolve and blend solid and liquid ingredients.
- Xanthan Gum - a proven moisturizing ingredient that acts as a binder and emulsion stabilizer.
- Sodium Hydroxide - a pH balancer to adjust product pH to work best with skin's natural pH.
- Phenoxyethanol - one of the most effective broad-spectrum preservatives to help prevent growth of fungi, bacteria, yeast and mold.