Lex and Jong
LIP ROUGE - Forbidden Flower (medium rose)
Lasting Wear Demi-Matte Sculpting Care Lip Color
Forbidden Flower is a unique medium rose tone.
Note: Colors may vary from actual product depending on your monitor. The lipstick has a luminous demi-matte finish. As a super versatile formula, any images seen with extra shine can be achieved by layering with the SYNERGIST Lip Perfecting Serum and lip looks that are extra matte can be achieved by simply blotting.
We set out to create one product that offers one-swipe, smooth pigmented color that allows the best aspects of your natural lips to come through - all with the just the right amount of spellbinding luminosity while adhering to our DNA of skin beneficial ingredients and safer formulation standards without many common irritants and sensitizers.
Healthy-looking lips are timeless. Inspired by the seductive textures of some vintage photos, we wanted to create a lip texture that would be universally appealing - smoother and more sculpted - instead of thick, paint-like textures that flatten out interesting aspects of your natural lip dimensions or formulas that are so creamy that they slide and run ruining your clean look.
Lip Rouge helps lips look photogenic from every angle with unique pigment technology that helps to diffuse imperfections and disperses its fine, demi-matte pigments evenly onto the lips for a texture unlike any other. Color hugs your natural lip contours for a more voluptuous look without looking heavy or waxy. Lips look smoother with a healthy radiance that seem to radiate from within.
Eliminating the need for a separate moisturizer, primer or powder to set your lips, Lip Rouge is truly a lip treatment and luxurious professional lipstick in one. The micro-pigment formula glides on evenly to drench lips with extreme color and comfort. Its ultra-light texture feels so weightless, that you may forget you have it on - yet it lasts for hours and hours...and hours.
More than color, LIP ROUGE is packed with skincare ingredients of antioxidant-rich, nourishing waxes & butters. Its rich yet super-fine mineral pigments are dispersed in a unique emulsion system with concentrated fatty acids that actually delivers smoothing moisture, soothing anti-irritants, and protective antioxidants to the lips and helps keep these benefits there. The longer you wear it, the smoother, softer, and more hydrated your lips will look. 100% vegan and fragrance-free
Lip Rouge's exclusive formula allows you to enhance your lips in multiple flattering ways. Dab on for the innocence of that just-bitten stained effect. Swipe on for smoothing, full-pigment coverage. Blot with tissue for a glowing eggshell-finish, matte stain. Our exclusive pigments hug the curves of your lips for the most flattering looks, however you choose to wear it.
Pro Tip: To tie your makeup look together, Lip Rouge also looks great dabbed sparingly and blended on the cheeks for for a lasting, light-diffused blush. That's one of the reasons we called it Lip Rouge.
- Octyldodecanol - an emollient that helps prevent formula separation for smooth consistency. It has been shown to promote stronger protective skin barrier, prevent water loss, and helps skin to become softer and smoother
- Castor Seed Oil - moisturizes to fight dry lips and contains free radical-fighting antioxidants
- Isononyl Isononanoate - a smoothing, skin-compatible emollient that enhances texture and forms a water-repellent film on the skin surface to help profect skin against dehydration and water loss.
- Silica - helps to provide even pigment distribution and absorb excess oils for texture and color consistency throughout wear. It also helps to improve the absorption of beneficial ingredients and shown to improve production of collagen, skin elasticity, texture and hydration
- Ozokerite Wax - a mineral wax to bind pigments, enhance texture and product stability
- Paraffin - a natural emollient that helps lock skin moisture while softening and smoothing skin
- AluStarch Octenylsuccinate - anti-caking agent
- Phenyl Trimethicone - used to improve spreadability while conditioning and helping to seal moisture on skin's surface layers to help skin look more hydrated.
- Tricaprylyl Citrate - an occlusive agent that helps seal in moisture
- Synthetic Wax - used instead of beeswax to bind and stabilize the formula for a smoother consistency and provide a protective coating on the skin surface to smooth, soften, and help prevent moisture loss
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride - a hydrating barrier support, skin-replenishing emollient that binds ingredients together and works to decrease moisture loss and provide skin replenishment. It's packed with antioxidants that also help to boost the product's antioxidant capabilities while its antibacterial and antimicrobial properties help ingredients last longer.
- Ethylhexyl Palmitate - skin smoothing and skin-conditioning emollient used to solubilize ingredients and provide product slip while not only helping to reduce moisture loss from the skin's surface but it can also help improve penetration of actives' benefits
- Carnauba Wax - a softening emollient that helps to extend product's staying power and provides thickening benefits to the formulation
- Stearyl Stearoyl Stearate - texture enhancing and skin-conditioning emollient
- Cera-Vitamin Complex - with an essential complex of ceramides composed of long lipid chains and are major components of skin's outer layers. Crucial to moisture retention and structural strength. Vitamin C helps to stimulate collagen production to help firm, visibly improve lines and help protect skin from free radical damage. Vitamin C. A form of vitamin E with higher stability and improved affinity to work with skin helps to combat damage to skin caused by free radicals from exposure to UV and environmental factors. It can also have anti-inflammatory effects to help calm and soothe skin, promote healing, and strenghten skin's protective barrier to prevent moisture loss.
- Isononanoic Acid - skin-conditioning texture enhancer
- Vanillin - flavoring
- Water/Aqua - a vehicle for water-soluble ingredients to mix and work together
- [+/- Mica, Iron Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide] - mineral pigments
Please be aware that ingredient lists may vary from time to time. Please refer to the ingredient list on the product package for the most up to date list of ingredients.
Net Wt. 4.2 g / 0.14 oz
The lipstick is… INCREDIBLE. Really flattering everyday shade. Very “my lips but better” - way better! Great pigment without feeling heavy, matte yet instantly hydrating. no transfer after blot. Literally gasped in joy with the first swipe. It’s not magic, it’s Brendan/Lex&Jong’s hard work and commitment to quality! Love the look, feel, and subtle scent of this lipstick.