Lex and Jong
NIGHT POTION - Visible Renewal Repair Concentrate
The Skin Concerns
Lack of sleep, stress, hormones, accelerated nightly water loss, and accumulated damage from the day all play major roles in the health and visible aging of your skin. These factors contribute to collagen breakdown, slower cell turnover, dryness, and ultimately loss of firmness, lines, and wrinkles. Besides a strong preventive program, your skin needs effective multi-corrective ingredients to help rehabilitate damaged skin without the harshness of traditional methods that cause inflammation that break down the skin even more to accelerate visible skin aging.
Retinol/Retinoids are highly reactive molecules recommended by skin professionals in various forms as a nightly treatment to reduce the physical symptoms of aging. Unfortunately, they often come with harsh side effects that include ongoing dermatitis, redness, and inflammation that can accelerate skin aging and be more damaging than helpful to skin - especially those with sensitive or sensitized skin.
Introducing NIGHT POTION - Visible Renewal Repair Concentrate - an intensive repair treatment that includes authentic Bakuchiol. It is the only naturally-derived ingredient that has been studied and shown to show comparable, if not better, results than retinol on skin - all without the stubborn dryness, irritation, burning, scaling, dermatitis and sensitivity to the sun and environmental factors often associated with traditional & unstable retinol/retinoid products.
However, Night Potion goes beyond this to promote more sustained benefits and effective skin repair on multiple levels. While you sleep, skin's natural renewal process is maximized to improve skin regeneration, cell renewal, and skin's natural purification to remove cellular debris that can accelerate the look of aging.
This exclusive formula contains a complex of patented ingredients (ingredient specifics are listed below) shown to help speed up repair, support healing and encourage a stronger skin barrier with improved functions. Skin is replenished with extended-release moisture-binding ingredients that improve its ability to hold moisture to fight accelerated trans-epidermal water loss. With ingredients shown to support natural collagen production and gentle cellular renewal, Night Potion works overnight to reveal fresher, smoother-looking skin. Use nightly as directed to target all major visible age markers and measurably improve the look of
- Fine lines & wrinkles
- Loss of elasticity
- Enlarged pores
- Flakiness, roughness, uneven skin texture
- Uneven skin tone
- Inflammation from acne or irritation
- Dehydration and imbalanced skin moisture levels
Read more about how bakuchiol compares to retinol in dermatological studies, and more importantly, what to watch out for to get the safest and most effective results HERE.
Use nightly. Due to the concentrated nature of this formula, please use no more than 1 dropper amount for the face and neck. Warm product between hands, gently spread onto face and neck, and follow with pressing motion. If needed, use an additional dropper amount for your decolletage. Follow with moisturizer
For best results, use Day Potion: Skin Illuminating Antioxidant Concentrate daily. For external use only. Keep out of eyes.
Anti-inflammatory, Barrier-Strengthening Skincare
Created by an esthetician who has battled long-term with acne, eczema, and psoriasis and personally understands struggles with skin issues.
We go beyond “clean” to also be free from naturally derived & synthetic fragrances, essential oils, and other commonly-used skin irritants and sensitizers
FULL LIST OF PURPOSEFUL INGREDIENTS
*COLD-PRESSED FROM ORGANIC / SUSTAINABLY-SOURCED / FAIR-TRADE FARMING
- Prickly Pear Seed Oil* - considered one of nature's most precious oils and packed with powerhouse ingredients to help improve skin’s overall appearance and texture. It contains one of the highest percentages of unsaturated fatty acids, Phyto-cermides, and phytosterols (similar to skin’s own cholesterol) that are essential to promoting healthy cell production and repair while helping to strengthen skin barrier, keeping collagen layer of skin nourished, encouraging pores to have a more tightened, refined appearance, helping to prevent transepidermal water loss, and working to calm inflammation. It contains the highest amount of betalains (super antioxidants that help combat and work to repair effects of damaging radicals) than any other plant. Its high vitamin K, vitamin E (highest of any plant oil), Ferulic acid, and Phenylalanine concentrations can help to even out and brighten skin tone, reduce scarring and slow down melanin transfer.
- Sunflower Seed Oil* - abundant in Phyto-ceramides, vitamins, antioxidants, and essential fatty acids to promote skin regeneration, help combat environmental damage, and decrease bacteria known to cause acne.
- Saccharomyces Ferment Filtrate (and) Oryza Sativa (Rice) Lees Extract* - Sake brewed from fermented rice is rich in enzymes that gently exfoliate without stripping skin of moisture. The fermentation process produces kojic acid, which is an antioxidant that penetrates deeply to help inhibit melanin production and improve the look of dark spots, hyperpigmentation, and visibly brighten skin. What's more, it is also high in skin-beneficial amino acids and peptides that can help soothe inflammation and visibly smooth skin texture.
- Spirulina Platensis (Micro Blue-Green Algae) Extract - loaded with proteins, minerals, fatty acids, and vitamins that include tyrosine, tocopherol, and selenium with antioxidants that can help to slow down the aging of skin cells. It's a known skin detoxifier and can help eliminate toxins, facilitate healthy cell turnover, and can help prevent acne breakouts. Studies have also shown it provides skin with improved water retention abilities.
- Meadowfoam Seed Oil - Similar to skin's own sebum, it's one of the most effective oils to help keep skin in the sweet spot and prevent moisture loss. It helps deliver calming, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits deep into the epidermis and studies have found its compounds can help inhibit enzymes that break down collagen in the skin. It has great affinity with skin for enhanced protection without greasiness.
- Squalane - like a drink of water for your skin. Skin can recognize this anti-inflammatory ingredient instantly which is allowed to absorb to deep layers quickly to help balance oil production and help prevent water loss from skin.
- C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate - an emollient used to blend ingredients
- Moringa Oleifera Seed Extract - from what's often called "The Tree of Life", this superfood is packed with essential amino acids, nutrients including more vitamin A than carrots, more vitamin C than oranges, and more calcium than milk. Unlike the oil, when extracted through an exclusive process, its skincare superpowers help to activate and boost natural collagen, natural antioxidant, and anti-irritant defense mechanisms in skin resulting skin that is stronger and better able to resist damaging
- D-alpha Tocopheryl Acetate - a form of vitamin E with higher stability and improved affinity to work with skin that is known to help combat damage to skin caused by free radicals from exposure to UV and environmental factors. It can also have anti-inflammatory effects to help calm and soothe skin.
- Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil -- contains high amounts of the rare omega 5 fatty (Punicic) Acid ( a compound unique to pomegranate oil) with smaller molecular structure that allows it to penetrate deeply to offer strong anti-inflammatory effects as well as superior moisture-retaining and softening benefits. Studies have shown that pomegranate seed oil can encourage the production of keratinocytes, which help fibroblasts stimulate cell turnover. What this can mean for your skin is increased barrier function to defend against the effects of UV damage, water loss, harmful bacteria, and more. It is also rich in antioxidants and polyphenols to offer additional natural protection benefits and promote collagen production for smoother skin.
- Tocotrienols / Tocopherol - based on available research so far, skin scientists believe these have numerous benefits and are essential to skin cells due to their ability to delay damage from free radical activities. These antioxidants have the power to reduce inflammation and attack specific free radicals that cause inflammation. Their antioxidant powers may help reverse damage due to free radicals and potentially prevent wrinkles while making the skin appear more youthful.
- Astaxanthin - Many believe this ingredient provides more promising protection and repair abilities than Vitamin C. Astaxanthin is one of the most powerful carotenoid antioxidants that is known to help protect skin from damaging UV rays. A study showed that it helps improve DNA repair capacity of cells exposed to UV radiation. Besides neutralizing free radical damage, Astaxanthin helps to calm inflammation and helps improve the look of wrinkles.
- Lycopene - sourced from tomatoes, this well-known skin protector has been praised for helping to protect against damage from oxidation that breaks down collagen and acts as a natural defense to help combat assaults from UV light radiation and environmental toxins. It's also been observed to exhibit gentle lightening effects for excess pigmentation
- Xanthophyll (Lutein) - plant-sourced potent antioxidants that can assist in the regeneration of tissue and can stimulate collagen and elastin to help increase plumpness and skin density. Xanthophyll can help defend skin from effects of sun damage and help reduce pigmentation from UV radiation and can help repair protein breakdown from UV damage. This powerhouse ingredient can also work to stimulate epidermal regeneration to help make the skin feel softer and look smoother.
- Thioctic Acid (Alpha Lipoic Acid) - an organic compound made by mitochondria found in every cell, research has shown that this can benefit skin through effective antioxidant activity that has shown promising results to help protect cells from environmental damage and may lighten dark spots. A 2015 study found positive reduction in visible facial wrinkles with an almost complete reduction of fine lines around the eyes and upper lip in most participants with no adverse side effects.
- Beta-Carotene - a carotenoid that is potentially an effective antioxidant to help reduce oxidative stress and support protection of UVA-light induced skin damage.
- Isosorbide Dicaprylate - ECOCERT ingredient that is one of the best solutions for improving skin hydration and barrier homeostasis today. This smart, multi-targeted skin hydrator and barrier builder helps to move moisture where it is needed and is very effective in providing long-lasting and controlled hydration for up to 48 hours.
Kiwi Seed Oil* - packed with antioxidants and contains some of the highest amounts of omega-3 from the plant world that plays a key role in maintaining a strong skin barrier and helping to reduce skin sensitivities and flare-ups. At the same time, it also contains natural enzymes to assist with cell turnover for smoother, brighter, and more even appearance to skin.
- Sacha Inchi Seed Oil - one of the most nutrient-rich food sources available with very high levels of beta-sitosterol, an anti-inflammatory compound. Its high concentration and balance of both alpha-linolenic and alpha-linoleic essential fatty acids (as much as 17 times more than salmon) that skin needs but cannot produce, helps skin to maintain healthy barrier functions. Its Behenic Acid has amazing restorative properties to improve skin elasticity while Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) helps to balance oil, boost hydration and help prevent inflammation that includes acne breakouts.
- Maracuja Seed Oil - a superfruit with documented skin-soothing properties and rich in antioxidants and essential fatty acids that help promote moisturization and stronger skin barrier.
- Seabuckthorn Oil - contains high concentrations of the very rare palmitoleic acid (omega-7) which is a component of skin lipids and stimulates regenerative processes in the epidermis and wound healing. Its high concentration of unique gamma-linoleic acid (GLA) has significant effects on nutrient transport and serves as a component of phospholipids which build cell membranes and building materials of intercellular cement binding epidermal cells. GLA helps to not only improve skin structure and tone, but it helps remove excess toxins and supply nourishment to skin.
Lupeol - an active molecule extracted from white lupin through a patented process and known as Collageneer. It stimulates the synthesis of the high-quality type I collagen (the type of collagen that is lost with age and its loss results in visible lines, wrinkles, and skin sagging) which gives the dermis its elasticity and firmness and offers proven remodeling and firming effects for skin.
- Dipalmitoyl hydroxyproline - a plant-derived peptide that provides triple-action skin firming effects. It works as a skin-plumping agent and helps to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. This, combined with long-lasting moisturization results in skin that looks more supple, lifted, and remodeled. What’s more, this ECOCERT ingredient traps excess free radicals at an early stage with its photoprotection properties.
- Hyalurosome - an advanced delivery technology of moisturization and visible skin-plumping effects that far exceed the extent and length of time of traditional Hyaluronic Acid. This patented hyaluronate time-released delivery system of signaling hyaluronate fragments (HAF) that has been thoroughly demonstrated to induce HA filling of the epidermis and upper epidermis. This results in much longer and more sustained skin hydration that outperforms traditional hyaluronic acid and superficial filling of the skin complimentary to hyaluronate filler injections.
- Acetyl Zingerone - This patented first in the industry microbiome-friendly 24/7 skin damage prevention and repair ingredient has been shown to help reduce immediate and delayed skin damage and provides skin with improved skin defenses by protecting from UV-induced damages. Studies show up to 25% reduction in visible wrinkles, uneven pigmentation, and skin redness in 4 weeks. This is a photochemically stable antioxidant in contrast to conventional antioxidants that can reverse signs of cellular senescence.
- Bakuchiol - Multiple studies have shown that at 1% concentration for effectiveness and safety, it is the only true natural alternative to retinal that can offer comparable visible improvements for skin. It stimulates key "age" genes similarly to retinol, binding and metabolizing genes. Tests show significant reduction in wrinkle surface area, acne lesions, hyperpigmentation, and much better skin tolerance than Retinol. Data also shows it boosts Collagen I, II, & IV, provides broad-action antioxidant benefits and is an inhibitor of lipo-peroxidation.
- Elderberry Extract - traditionally used for many years in traditional herbal medicines, this fruit extract offers protective antioxidants and conditioning benefits to skin. Rich in anthocyanins, flavonols, and phenolics, it exhibits natural broad-spectrum antimicrobial properties that are very effective against fungal micro-organisms.
I have a really stressful job working unconventional long hours, and this Night Potion makes me look like I’ve just come back from a long relaxing vacation every day. Every night I mist on a hydrating toner, then gently press in a dropper full of Night Potion into my face and décolletage, I put on some eye cream and then go to bed. Even with not enough restful sleep, my skin still looks gorgeous when I wake up. I have been using Night Potion for 2 months. This stuff couldn’t be simpler, and it really works. My skin is sensitive, with occasional acne and signs of aging and prone to hyperpigmentation (age: mid-40s). This does not irritate my sensitive skin, and I think the Night Potion has helped my skin become more resilient to stressors and irritants while also making it more even and smooth.